Instructions for quickly setting up and testing the “AC Calendar Bot” from Approved Contact for both Webex Teams bot and Webex Meetings.
- Join Approved Contact, click Sign Up button in upper right corner and complete Sign Up process
- Click Profile > Meet over Video
- Add your Personal Meeting Room link as primary “Meet over Video” link
- Send an email to Support@ApprovedContact.com requesting that you be added as the Company Admin.
- Login to Approved Contact and accept your enterprise license seat on the home page
- In the Search bar at the top of the screen find your company in Approved Contact and select it
- Navigate to Company Profile > Webex
- Select Webex and complete the field “Site Name” with your Webex Enterprise site name
- The WebEx account manager will need to submit a ticket to the internal branding team with the correct X.509 certificate. WebEx will create the configuration and assign the site to use this configuration.
After accounts have been established, test Webex Teams bot or Calendar Bot “Widget” from Teams.
Testing Webex Teams bot
- Once Bot is added to a Teams space, either manually or from App Hub, user can type @AC [hit Enter], then help to get a list of commands. https://apphub.webex.com/bots/ac-calendar-bot-approved-contact
- Type @AC FreeTime [Enter] – bot will respond with 3 available timeslots – must be done prior to attempting to book a timeslot, at least shortly prior. Unsure of expiration of FreeTime command.
- To schedule: @AC BookTime [1, 2 or 3] MeetingName [Enter]: Message is received that meeting was booked. Confirmed listed in My Meetings on Webex side. Email invite received by both host and atttendees in space.
Testing Calendar Bot “Widget” from Teams
- From Teams where the Calendar Bot has been loaded, type @AC [hit Enter] Meetings [hit Enter], click link “Click here to Schedule at Approved Contact”
- If more than one dropdown option under Meet over Video, select desired option.
- Schedule Webex Meeting will use the Meetings scheduler to send out the meeting invitation.
- Selecting your PMR link will send a calendar invitation from Approved Contact with your PMR link.
- Selecting Schedule Webex Teams Meeting will schedule in Teams.
- Click Book Meeting
- At start time, join via email/calendar.